Carlos Cámara Menoyo
Mapeado Colaborativo’s cofounder and QGIS user. Researching about commodifications between city, technology and society.
https://carloscamara.es | @carlescamara
All the coordinators (left to right): Joan Cano, Miguel Sevilla, Héctor Ochoa, Carlos & Alejandro Súarez.
Why a Static Site Generator (SSG)? Why Hugo?
- No server needed:
- Cheaper: hosted on github (but could be in gitlab, too)
- Faster (almost lightning fast!): no queries to database
- Not hackable (from server side)
- No need to maintain a number of html files (verbose and cumbersome)
- Requires minimal technical skills:
- Needs to maintain plain text files (
- Not GUI*
- Needs extra software (installed locally)* -> parses/serves plain text files into html files
- No interaction (web 1.0!)
- Content types
- Great support and documentation
- User permissions (github)
- WYSIWYG Editor
- Workflow: GUI for managing PR